AEC-Q100 Single-Input, Dual-Output Isolated Gate Driver with 4A Source and 6A Sink
The UCC20225-Q1 from Texas Instruments (TI) is a single-input, dual-output isolated gate driver with 4A source and 6A sink peak current in 5mm x 5mm LGA-13 package. TI designed UCC20225-Q1 to drive power transistors up to 5MHz with what TI describes as best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 2.5kVrms isolation barrier, with minimum 100V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI).
Internal, functional isolation between the two output-side drivers allows working voltage up to 700Vdc. The device's dead time (DT) is programmable through a resistor on the DT pin. When it is set high, a disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously. It also allows regular operation when left open or grounded.
You may also like: 1Ω to 20MΩ Sulfur-Resistant, AEC-Q200 Thick-Film Chip Resistors
VDD supply voltages up to 25V are accepted. A wide VCCI range from 3V to 18V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All supply voltage pins feature under-voltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
TI says that the UCC20225-Q1 enables high power density, high efficiency, and robustness in a variety of automotive applications.
- Single pwm input, dual output
- Resistor-programmable dead time
- 4A peak source, 6A peak sink output
- CMTI greater than 100V/ns
- Switching parameters:
- 19ns typical propagation delay
- 5ns maximum delay matching
- 6ns maximum pulse-width distortion
- 3V to 18V input VCCI range
- Rejects input transients shorter than 5ns
- Fast disable for power sequencing
- TTL and CMOS compatible inputs
- 5mm x 5mm space-saving LGA-13 Package
- Safety-related certifications:
- 3535-VPK isolation per VDE V 0884-11:2017
- 2500-VRMS isolation for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
- AEC Q100 qualified with:
- Device temperature grade 1
- Device HBM ESD classification level H2
- Device CDM ESD classification level C6