AEC-Q100 Grade 0 Hall-Effect Current Sensor with 1% Sensitivity
Allegro Microsystems introduced the ACS70310, the highest accuracy current sensor IC for core-based current sensing ever offered from the company. Allegro designed this AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified, programmable linear Hall-effect current sensor IC to achieve high accuracy and resolution without compromising bandwidth.
The company's programming provides a sensitivity of ±1.2% and zero-amp output voltage offset of ±5mV over the operating temperature range of -40°C to 150°C.
Integrated EEPROM technology performs temperature compensation digitally. The EEPROM technology allows the sensor to maintain a 2μS response time and 240kHz bandwidth analog signal path, making this device suitable for HEV inverters, dc-dc converters, and electric power steering (EPS) applications.
The on-chip regulator offers reverse battery protection and high immunity to electrical overstress on the supply voltage line. This ratiometric Hall-effect sensor IC provides a voltage output that is proportional to the applied magnetic field.
The customer can configure the sensitivity and quiescent (zero-field) output voltage through programming on the Vcc and output pins to optimize performance in the end application.
The quiescent output voltage is user-adjustable, about 50% (bidirectional configuration) or 10% (unidirectional configuration) of the supply voltage, Vcc. Output sensitivity is adjustable within from 0.5mV/G to 11.5mV/G. Ratiometry of the output is also programmable and can be disabled.
The sensor IC incorporates a highly sensitive Hall element with a BiCMOS interface IC that employs a low-noise, small-signal, high-gain amplifier, a clamped low-impedance output stage, and a proprietary, high-bandwidth dynamic offset cancellation technique. These advances in Hall-effect technology combine to provide what the company describes as an industry-leading sensing resolution at the full 240kHz bandwidth. Broken ground wire detection and user-selectable output voltage clamps enhance reliability in safety-critical automotive applications.
The ACS70310 sensor IC is provided in an extremely thin case (1 mm thick), 4-pin SIP (single in-line package, suffix KT) that is lead (Pb) free, with 100% matte-tin lead frame plating.
- Factory-programmed segmented linear temperature compensation (TC) provides ultralow thermal drift
- Sensitivity ±1%
- Offset ±5mV
- On-board supply regulator with reverse-battery protection provides high immunity to Electrical Overstress (EOS)
- Very fast response time (2μs)
- High operating bandwidth: DC to 240kHz
- AEC-Q100 Grade 0, automotive qualified
- Customer-programmable, high-resolution offset, and sensitivity trim
- Extremely low noise and high resolution achieved via proprietary Hall element and low-noise amplifier circuits
- Patented circuits suppress IC output spiking during fast current step inputs
- Wide selectable sensitivity range between 0.5mV/G and 11.5mV/G
- User-selectable ratiometric behavior of sensitivity, quiescent voltage, and clamps (ratiometry can be disabled), for simple interface with application A-to-D converter (ADC)
- Precise recoverability after temperature cycling
- Open circuit detection on ground pin (broken wire)
- Customer programmable Output Voltage Clamps provide short-circuit diagnostic capabilities
- Ambient temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Immune to mechanical stress
- Extremely thin package: 1mm case thickness