Silicon Carbide MOSFET Motor Drive Evaluation Board in TO247 Packages
The EVAL-M5-IMZ120R-SIC from Infineon Technologies is a complete evaluation board including a six discrete silicon carbide CoolSiC™ MOSFETs realizing a B6 inverter for motor drive applications. In combination with control boards equipped with the M5 32-pin interface connector such as the XMC DriveCard 4400, it features and demonstrates Infineon's CoolSiC™ MOSFETs in motor drives.
The evaluation board EVAL-M5-IMZ120R-SIC was developed to support customers during their first steps designing applications with CoolSiC™. The MOSFET has a rated blocking voltage of 1200V at a typical on-state resistance of 45mΩ. It is optimized for motor drive applications with a high-frequency switching operation.
This evaluation board is designed to be an easy-to-use power stage based on Infineon's discrete silicon carbide power MOSFETs. The board is equipped with all assembly groups for sensorless field oriented control (FOC). It provides a three-phase AC-connector, EMI filter, rectifier and a 3-phase output for connecting the motor. The power stage also contains isolated current, voltage and temperature sensing circuits.
Recommended for you: 32-Bit MCUs Enable Low-Cost Inverter Control in Industrial and Consumer Applications
The evaluation board characteristics are:
- Input voltage 340- to 480-Vac
- Peak 11kW motor power output
- On board EMI filter
- Basic insulation between power and signal part
- Isolated current sensing with ΣΔ-ADC
- Isolated sensing of dc-link voltage by ΣΔ-ADC
- Thermistor output
- Overload and short-circuit hardware protection
- Overtemperature hardware protection
- All six switches turn off during protection
- Rugged gate driver technology with stability against transient and negative voltage
- Auxiliary power supply with 5V
- Measurement test-points compatible to standard oscilloscope probes
- PCB is 259mm x 204mm and has four layers with 35μm copper each
- RoHS complaint