Four Booths Full of Innovations Würth Elektronik eiSos at electronica 2018
Würth Elektronik eiSos will be represented at electronica 2018 (Munich Trade Show Center, November 13-16, 2018) with no fewer than four booths: Hall B6 / Booth 404, Hall C3 / Booth 151, Hall A6 / Booth 314 and Hall C6 / Booth 200. The highlights include the launch of the new product groups - Resistors, Sensors as well as Quartz Crystals and Oscillators.
The established product lines also have innovative new developments to announce and exhibit on twelve thematic areas on the main booth B6-404. Würth Elektronik eiSos also participates in the trade show presentation program and in the "electronica Experience" (C6-200). Here the manufacturer makes its latest developments come alive and offers you the chance to try them out.
Würth Elektronik eiSos unveils its new Resistors product group for the first time at electronica 2018, namely: firstly resistors for current measurement applications. These include metal plate resistors, which, with their very low resistance values down to 10mΩ, are used to measure currents up to 50A. The second resistor group, the thick film resistors, are used to measure low currents in the hundredth-Ampere range. The resistance values in the low to medium range are from 100mΩ to 270Ω.
With electronica 2018, Würth Elektronik eiSos raises the curtain in Hall C3 on Booth 151 on its new Sensor portfolio. The sensors are based, among other things, on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). All sensors have an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) in common.
This ensures that sensor signals are processed with temperature compensation and filter algorithms in the sensor itself. Another highlight on this booth: highly efficient, proprietary wireless solutions and new Bluetooth, Wireless-m-Bus and WiFi modules.
The Würth Elektronik eiSos subsidiary "IQD Frequency Products Ltd" showcases quartz crystals and oscillators on the main booth B6-404 as well as on booth A6-314. In the future, piezoelectric crystals and oscillators will be available in 24 different packages in the Würth Elektronik eiSos standard portfolio. The package sizes extend from 1.6 × 1.0 mm to 13.4 × 4.9 mm.
The frequency range lies between 32.768kHz and 125MHz. These pulse generators are optimally dovetailed for use in quartz watches and many industrial applications.
Twelve thematic areas with typical application
The focal point of the Würth Elektronik eiSos trade show presence is the main booth no. 404 in Hall B6 with its twelve thematic areas. Here the group of companies demonstrates its innovative strength on the basis of typical examples. Horticulture LEDs are to be seen on the "Optoelectronic Solutions" thematic area, for instance, which can be matched to special plant breeding requirements in a greenhouse.
The theme of "EMC Shielding and Cable Solutions" is promoted with interesting experimental setups on suppression and the filter effect of components.
Other thematic areas are dedicated to "EMC Onboard Solutions", "Connector Solutions", "Electromechanical Solutions", "RF & Frequency Solutions", "Signal & Communications Solutions", as well as two stations with Power Management Solutions. The presentation of reference designs with IC partners at the "Design & Support" thematic exemplifies the strong customer orientation of Würth Elektronik eiSos.
The REDEXPERT online platform for easier component selection and simulation is also presented, as well as the SMART5 area - the company's own concept, which places digitization specifically at the service of the company's outstanding customer orientation.
Contact persons are available for in-depth talks at any time on the main booth from the companies Würth Elektronik eiSos, Würth Elektronik iBE, IQD Frequency Products, Wurth Electronics Midcom and Würth Elektronik Stelvio Kontek. Starting points include the innovations from the following product lines:
- Automotive standard products - A rich portfolio of EC-Q-qualified products is shown, like the WE-CHSA high current inductor with up to 57A saturation current.
- Electromechanics - Besides high-current wire-to-board connectors (REDCUBE) and USB 3.1, the SMA high frequency coaxial connectors are an important theme at electronica.
- Developer kits - The TI PMLK (Power Management Lab Kit) Würth Elektronik Edition allows the influence of inductive components in a buck transformer to be understood with experiments.
- Technical books - Würth Elektronik eiSos released the fifth edition of the popular standard reference "Trilogy of Magnetics" at electronica 2018.
- Inductors - Among the many innovations in this area are the WE-MCRI molded SMT double chokes and WE-MTCI series with different winding ratios.
- Capacitors - Under the 300 or so new products there are, for instance, the ‘H-Chip' aluminum-polymer capacitors that represent an alternative to the currently rare high-capacitance MLCCs (multilayer ceramic capacitors).
- Optoelectronics - Alongside the highlight of the horticulture LEDs, particularly compact light emitting diodes and photodetectors are presented.
- Passive components - A new LAN transformer for industrial applications (WE-LAN AQ) sets standards and WE-TVS protects fast data lines and their supply voltages.
- Power modules - A 4-channel MagI³C module LED driver solution with microcontroller and a MagI³C module as super cap charger - these are example applications for dc-dc converters with integrated controller IC, inductor and capacitors.
- Wireless Communication - The Calypso WLAN module makes embedded systems WiFi-capable, and the Bluetooth LE module Proteus-II allows data throughput to be increased to 200kbps.
Presentation and activities
On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 there are presentations on booth B6/404 on the occasion of Obsolescence Day organized by the COG (Component Obsolescence Group) industry interest association.
On November 14, 2018 at 12.10 am, Manfred Schommarz speaks in the ICM (Munich International Congress Center) on "Long-range radio applications for IoT". At 6.00 pm on this day, Würth Elektronik eiSos welcomes visitors to the booth party.
On November 15, 2018 at 2.30 pm, Thomas Robok talks at the Electrical Connectors‘ Forum on Booth 209 in Hall C2 about design rules for coaxial connectors.
Friday, November 16 is Student Day at Würth Elektronik eiSos with organized electronica visits for students from the partner universities.
In the "electronica experience" area in Hall C6, the company provides information on Booth no. 200 about the multifaceted career and entry opportunities at Würth Elektronik eiSos. Here visitors also have the chance to build their own luminous fidget spinner using the company's products at soldering stations.
As well as presentations on the theme areas, electronica booth B6/404 attracts visitors with a virtual reality experience. Here visitors can move in a virtual space through the Würth Elektronik eiSos product world and take part in a competition. In order that visitors can move around carefree, Würth Elektronik eiSos again offers a luggage and cloakroom service.