Silicon Labs Expands Isolated Gate Driver Product Family with Si828x Version 2
The Si828x features fast switching speeds, low switching loss, and strong thermal performance.
To effectively and efficiently turn on or off a semiconductor switch, a specialized gate driver is required. This device delivers high current to the switch gate to build up charge and turn on or off the switch. All semiconductor switches, such as SiC MOSFETs, IGBTs, Silicon MOSFETs, and GaN FETs require some type of gate driver.
Image courtesy of Silicon Labs.
- Industry-leading short circuit response
- Switch desaturation detection
- Soft shutdown and Fault feedback
- Undervoltage lockout and power ready pin
- Integrated Miller Clamp
- Complementary PWM input control
- High-performance isolation technology
- High CMTI 125 kV/μs
- Integrated dc-dc converter option
- -40 to 125 °C temperature range
- AEC-Q100 Qualification
With the Si828x, Silicon Labs provides the required functionality but optimizes further for the emerging SiC FET application market. SiC FETs, with their blazing fast switching speeds, low switching loss, excellent thermal performance, and high current capacity (and thereby higher power density at the system level than previous switch technologies), are experiencing rapid adoption in automotive and industrial applications.