Logic-Level 60V/80V/100V MOSFETs with Low VGS & Low RDS(on)
Available in three different voltage classes (60V, 80V, and 100V), Infineon's logic level OptiMOS™ 5 power MOSFETs in PQFN 3.3 x 3.3 and IR MOSFET™ in PQFN 2x2 are highly-suitable for wireless charging, adapter and telecom applications.
The devices' low gate charge (Qg) reduces switching losses without compromising conduction losses. The improved figures of merit allow operations at high switching frequencies.
Furthermore, the logic level drive provides a low gate threshold voltage (VGS(th)) allowing the MOSFETs to be driven at 5V and directly from microcontrollers.
Despite the low gate charge, the products achieve a lower RDS(on) compared to the next best alternative. Devices in the PQFN 2X2 package all feature a minimum VGS(th) of 1.2V and include:
- IRL60HS118 rated for 60V / 18.5A with RDS(on) = 17mΩ, Qg = 5.3nC, and a maximum VGS(th) = 2.3V.
- IRL80HS120 rated for 80V / 12.5A with RDS(on) = 32mΩ, Qg = 4.7nC, and a maximum VGS(th) = 2.0V.
- IRL100HS121 rated for 100V / 11A with RDS(on) = 42mΩ, Qg = 3.7nC, and a maximum VGS(th) = 2.0V.
- Low RDS(on) in small package
- Lower gate charge
- Lower output charge
- Logic level compatibility
- Tiny PQFN 2x2 package
- Higher power density designs
- Higher switching frequency
- Reduced parts count wherever 5V supplies are available
- Driven directly from microcontrollers (slow switching)
- System cost reduction
- Smallest form factor in PQFN 2x2 for space critical applications