High Density Laser Capacitor Charging Power SupplySeptember 20, 2019 by Paul Shepard
Advice Electronics has announced the release of a new LCH3000-XXX series of capacitor charging ac-dc power supplies. The LCH3000-XXX series is a new generation of high voltage pulsed power supplies based on Advice's innovative QCP (Quasi Constant Power) technology providing up to 3,000J/Sec in the range of 400V- 1.2KV using the traditional standard size 12.7" x 5.7" x 4.1" (32.2 x 14.5 x 10.4 cm). This size has previously been limited in the marketplace to 2,000J/Sec maximum.
"We are proud to lead the market of Capacitor Charging bringing new innovations," said Shlomo Ostrovski, Advice Electronics' Vice President of Power Supplies Division. "The QCP technology is a game changer in high voltage capacitor charging technology allowing to achieve high power density, faster repetition rates and high reliability."
Summary of Features
- Designed for OEM laser applications
- EN55011 Class A, no external filter is needed
- IEC 60601-1 3rd edition and cTUVus approval
- 88% typical efficiency
- Fast response and low noise
- Fully isolated input-to-output, allowing connection directly to an ac line
- Load fault watchdog timer can be modified upon customer request
- Customized voltage and power output up to 1kV and 9kW
- Power factor correction with 0.99 power factor
Advice Electronics is developing a complete new line of compact, reliable and competitive capacitor chargers with power levels ranging from 1KW to 9KW and output voltages up to 1.6KV. Standard and custom versions will allow medical, aesthetic, research, industrial and precision laser applications enabling laser manufacturers using flash lamps a greater design flexibility by upgrading their existing laser products without the need for mechanical modifications.