Galvanic Isolated Octal High-Side Smart Power Solid State Relay
The ISO8200BQ from STMicroelectronics is a galvanic isolated 8-channel driver featuring a very low supply current. It contains 2 independent galvanic isolated voltage domains (Vcc for the power stage and Vdd for the digital stage).
Additional embedded functions are: loss of GND protection, undervoltage shutdown with hysteresis, and reset function for immediate power output shutdown. The insulation withstand voltage (1 min. type test) is 2500/3536 (Vrms\VPEAK).
This IC is designed to drive any kind of load with one side connected to ground. Active channel current limitation combined with thermal shutdown, (independent for each channel), and automatic restart, protect the device against overload and short-circuit.
In overload conditions, if junction temperature overtakes threshold, the channel involved is turned off and on again automatically after the IC temperature decreases below a reset threshold. If this condition causes case temperature to reach TCR limit threshold, the overloaded channel is turned off and it only restarts when case and junction temperature decrease down to the reset thresholds.
Non-overloaded channels continue operating normally. An internal circuit provides an OR-wired non-latched common FAULT indicator signaling the channel OVT. The FAULT pin is an open-drain active low fault indication pin.
Key features include:
- Parallel input interface
- Direct and synchronous control mode
- High common mode transient immunity
- Output current: 0.7A per channel
- RDS(on) 0.11 Ω per channel
- Short-circuit protection
- Channel over-temperature protection
- Thermal independence of separate channels
- Common output disable pin
- Case over-temperature protection
- Loss of GNDcc and Vcc protection
- Undervoltage shutdown with auto-restart and hysteresis
- Overvoltage protection (Vcc clamping)
- Very low supply current
- Common fault open-drain output
- 5V and 3.3V TTL/CMOS compatible I/Os
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Reset function for IC output disable
- ESD protection
- IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5 and IEC 61000-4-8 compliant