Crocus Technology Releases its XtremeSense TMR Current Sensor
Crocus Technology's CT430 is offered in an industry standard 16-lead SOIC-Wide package that is “green” and RoHS compliant.
The CT430 (CT430 = 5V version and CT431 = 3.3V version) is a high bandwidth and ultra-low noise integrated contact current sensor that uses Crocus Technology’s patented XtremeSense® TMR technology to enable high accuracy current measurements for many consumer, enterprise, and industrial applications. It supports six (6) current ranges where the integrated current carrying conductor (CCC) will handle up to 50 A of current and generates a current measurement as a linear analog output voltage. It achieves a total output error of less than ±1.0% full-scale (FS) over voltage and the full temperature range.
Image used courtesy of Crocus Technology
Fast response with a 1MHz bandwidth and 300ns response time. High signal-to-noise (SNR) with ultra-low noise of 9mARMS. Integrated common mode field rejection <5mA/mT to ensure stray fields do not impact measurements in the working application. The CT430 has an integrated over-current detection (OCD) circuitry to identify out of range currents which are output on the fault pin (FLT). The FLT is an open drain, active LOW digital signal.
Also available in 3.3 V version as CT431.
- CT430 (5.0 V version), CT431 (3.3V version)
- Integrated 0.5 mΩ conductor
- Total error output +/-0.7% (typ)
- 300 ns response time, 1MHz bandwidth
- Low noise 9 mARMS
- Integrated Common Mode Field Rejection (CMFR)
- Over-Current Detection output pin
- AC or DC Current Range:
– +20.0 ADC / ±20.0 APK
– +30.0 ADC / ±30.0 APK
– +50.0 ADC / ±50.0 APK
- 16-lead SOIC-Wide package (10.20 x 10.31 x 2.54 mm)
- AN130 CT43x Design Recommendations
- AN131 CT43x Performance Overview
- AN132 Implementing CT43x in PDUs