Back-Biased Differential Linear Hall Sensor IC with Integrated Magnet
Allegro MicroSystems Europe has introduced a new high precision, back-biased, programmable Hall-effect sensor IC. Allegro’s ATS344 includes differential Hall elements and is packaged in a custom back-biased package that includes an integrated magnet.
This new device incorporates a 2-wire current mode PWM output in order to help minimize pin count for remote sensors. It also includes on-chip EEPROM technology, capable of supporting up to 100 read/write cycles, for flexible end-of-line programming of calibration parameters.
The ATS344 is designed for automotive applications requiring high resolution detection of long stroke (>5 mm) linear motion.
The integrated back-bias magnet greatly simplifies packaging for the customer, requiring only a ferrous target to detect. The ATS344 is offered in a Pb free, 100% matt-tin leadframe plated 3-pin SP package.
Features and benefits include:
- Magnetic sensor IC with integrated rare-earth pellet
- Two-wire current mode PWM (pulse-width modulation) output
- Customer-programmable position range selection and offset, bandwidth, output clamps, and temperature compensation
- Sensitivity temperature coefficient and offset drift preset at Allegro
- Temperature-stable, mechanical stress immune, and low noise device output via proprietary active stress compensation and four-phase chopper stabilization design techniques
- Wide ambient temperature range: –40°C to 150°C
- Operates with 3.75 to 9.5 V supply voltage
- Differential linear signal processing
- AEC-Q100 qualified