600-V 70mΩ GaN Power Stage with Integrated Driver and Protection
The LMG3410R070 GaN power stage with integrated driver and protection from Texas Instruments enables designers to achieve new levels of power density and efficiency in power electronics systems. The LMG3410's inherent advantages over silicon MOSFETs include ultra-low input and output capacitance, zero reverse recovery to reduce switching losses by as much as 80%, and low switch node ringing to reduce EMI. These advantages enable dense and efficient topologies like the totem-pole PFC.
The LMG3410R070 provides a smart alternative to traditional cascode GaN and standalone GaN FETs by integrating a unique set of features to simplify design, maximize reliability and optimize the performance of any power supply.
Target applications include high-density industrial and consumer power supplies, multi-level converters, solar inverters, industrial motor drives, uninterruptible power supplies, high-voltage battery chargers, and similar power converters.
Integrated gate drive enables 100V/ns switching with near zero Vds ringing, <100 ns current limiting self-protects against unintended shoot-through events, over-temperature shutdown prevents thermal runaway, and system interface signals provide self-monitoring capability.
Typical Half-Bridge Application (click on schematic to enlarge)
Summary of features:
- TI GaN Process Qualified Through Accelerated Reliability In-application Hard-switching Mission Profiles
- Enables High Density Power Conversion Designs
- Superior System Performance Over Cascode or Stand-alone GaN FETs
- Low Inductance 8mm x 8mm QFN Package for Ease of Design, and Layout
- Adjustable Drive Strength for Switching Performance and EMI Control
- Digital Fault Status Output Signal
- Only +12V Unregulated Supply Needed
- Integrated Gate Driver
- Zero Common Source Inductance
- 20ns Propagation Delay for MHZ Operation
- Process-tuned Gate Bias Voltage for Reliability
- 25 to 100V/ns User Adjustable Slew Rate
- Robust Protection
- Requires No External Protection Components
- Over-current Protection with <100ns Response
- >150V/ns Slew Rate Immunity
- Transient Over-voltage Immunity
- Over-temperature Protection
- UVLO Protection on All Supply Rails