4.3-V to 17-V Input, 2-A Synchronous Buck Converter in SOT563
The TPS562207 from Texas Instruments is a simple, easy-to-use, 2-A synchronous buck converter in a SOT563 package. The device is optimized to operate with minimum external component counts and also optimized to achieve low standby current.
Applications are expected to include digital TV power supplies, smart speakers, wired networking, digital set top boxes, surveillance devices, and so on.
This switch mode power supply device employs D-CAP2 mode control providing a fast transient response and supporting both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors such as specialty polymer and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors with no external compensation components.
You may also like: Low Quiescent Current Synchronous Boost Controller
TPS562207 operates in Forced Continuous Conduction Mode (FCCM), which maintains fixed switching frequency and output voltage ripple is very small. TPS562207 is available in a 6-pin 1.6-mm × 1.6-mm SOT563 (DRL) package, and specified from a -40°C to 125°C junction temperature.
Summary of Features and Specifications
- 2-A converter integrated 145-mΩ and 86-mΩ FETs
- D-CAP2™ Mode Control with fast transient response
- Input voltage range: 4.3V to 17V
- Output voltage range: 0.8V to 7V
- Forced continuous conduction mode
- 590-kHz switching frequency
- Low shutdown current less than 3µA
- 2% feedback voltage accuracy (25ºC)
- Support pre-bias function
- Cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limit
- Hiccup-mode overcurrent protection
- Non-latch UVP and TSD protections
- Fixed soft start: 1.0 ms