3A SiP Step-Down DC-DC Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Himalaya series of voltage regulator ICs and power modules from Maxim Integrated Products enable cooler, smaller, and simpler power supply solutions. The MAXM17537 is an easy-to-use, step-down dc-dc converter that combines a switching power supply controller, dual n-channel MOSFET power switches, fully shielded inductor, and the compensation components in a low-profile, thermally-efficient system-in-package (SiP).
The device operates over a wide input-voltage range of 4.5V to 60V and delivers up to 3A continuous output current with excellent line and load regulation over an output-voltage range of 8V to 24V. The high level of integration significantly reduces design complexity and manufacturing risks, and offers a true plug-and-play power supply solution, reducing time to market.
The device can be operated in the pulse-width modulation (PWM), pulse-frequency modulation (PFM), or discontinuous-conduction mode (DCM) control schemes.
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- FPGA and DSP Point-of-Load Regulator
- Base-Station Point-of-Load Regulator
- HVAC and Building Control System
The MAXM17537 is available in a low-profile, highly thermal-emissive, compact, 29-pin, 9mm x 15mm x 4.32mm SiP package that reduces power dissipation in the package and enhances efficiency. The package is easily soldered onto a printed circuit board and suitable for automated circuit board assembly.
- Reduces Design Complexity, Manufacturing Risks, and Time to Market
- Integrated Synchronous Step-Down DC-DC Converter
- Integrated Inductor
- Integrated FETs
- Integrated Compensation Components
- Saves Board Space in Space-Constrained Applications
- Complete Integrated Step-Down Power Supply in a Single Package
- Small Profile, 9mm x 15mm x 4.32mm SiP Package
- Simplified PCB Design with Minimal External BOM Components
- Offers Flexibility for Power-Design Optimization
- Wide Input-Voltage Range from 4.5V to 60V
- Output-Voltage Adjustable Range from 8V to 24V
- Adjustable Frequency with External Frequency Synchronization (100kHz to 2.2MHz)
- PWM, PFM, or DCM Current-Mode Control
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Auxiliary Bootstrap LDO for Improved Efficiency
- Optional Programmable EN/UVLO
- Operates Reliably in Adverse Industrial Environments
- Integrated Thermal Protection
- Hiccup Mode Overload Protection
- RESET (Active Low) Output-Voltage Monitoring
- Operating Temperature Range -40°C to +125°C