36V / 1A Low Quiescent Current Synchronous Step-Down DC-DC
The MPQ4431 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a frequency-programmable (350kHz to 2.5MHz), synchronous, step-down switching regulator with integrated, internal, high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. It provides up to 1A of output current with current mode control for fast loop response.
The wide 3.3V to 36V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications in automotive and industrial environments and is suited for battery-powered applications due to its extremely low quiescent current.
The MPQ4431 employs advanced asynchronous mode (AAM), which helps achieve high efficiency in light-load condition by scaling down the switching frequency to reduce switching and gate driving losses.
Standard features include soft start (SS), external clock synchronization, enable (EN) control, and a power good (PG) indicator. High duty cycle and low dropout mode are provided for automotive cold-crank condition.
Over-current protection (OCP) with valley current detection is employed to prevent the inductor current from running away. Hiccup mode reduces the average current in short circuit condition greatly. Thermal shutdown provides reliable and fault-tolerant operation.
Summary of features:
- Wide 3.3V to 36V Operating Input Range
- 1A Continuous Output Current
- 1μA Low Shutdown Mode Current
- 10μA Sleep Mode Quiescent Current
- Internal 90mΩ High-Side and 80mΩ Low-Side MOSFETs
- 350kHz to 2.5MHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Fixed Output Options: 3.3V, 3.8V, 5V
- Synchronize to External Clock
- Selectable In-Phase or 180° Out-of-Phase
- Power Good (PG) Indicator
- Programmable Soft-Start (SS) Time
- 80ns Minimum On Time
- Selectable Forced CCM or AAM
- Low Dropout Mode
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Valley Current Detection and Hiccup
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx4mm) Package
- Available with Wettable Flank
- AEC-Q100 Grade-1