PI Expert Online Power Supply Design Software
Power Integrations just released Version 2.2 of its popular PI Expert™ Online power supply design software. The web-based program now supports PI's dynamically-controllable InnoSwitch™3-Pro switcher ICs with a full set of features, including schematics, board layout recommendations and optimization engines. It provides everything necessary to build and test a power conversion solution.
PI Expert allows power supply engineers to input specifications and automatically generate power conversion solutions designed around one of Power Integrations' IC families
This design software provides all the necessary information to build and test a working prototype including a complete schematic, a bill of materials (BOM), board layout recommendations, and detailed electrical parameter tabulations
Also included is a complete magnetic design that includes core size, number of turns, appropriate wire thicknesses and number of parallel wires to be used for each winding. Detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly are also generated.
Integrated into PI Expert Online is PI Xls Designer, a spreadsheet-based application that gives the power supply designer more control during the design process. PI Xls Designer takes input, output and all other specifications and performs the necessary calculations to design and evaluate a power conversion solution.
New Features in PI Expert Online v2.2:
- PI Expert now supports InnoSwitch3-Pro and InnoSwitch3-CP:
- New approach of entering set-points data
- New feedback circuit support
- Bus switch circuit support
- Overload current and de-bounce time support
- Improvements in all InnoSwitch3 families:
- Bias voltage linear regulator calculations update
- New output capacitor selection algorithm
- Device on-time check at half load for all InnoSwitch3 device families
- Improvements in PI Expert Online performance and stability