Murata’s Multilayer Choke Inductors for Vehicle-mounted Power Circuits Withstand 150°C
This article highlights Murata Manufacturing a multilayer type inductor “LQM18DH_70” Series as a low frequency noise suppression component for vehicle-mounted power circuits.
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (“Murata” below) has launched the multilayer type inductor “LQM18DH_70” Series as a low frequency noise suppression component for vehicle-mounted power circuits. Mass production of this product has begun.
Image courtesy of Murata
In recent years, automobile electrification has evolved following the progress of automated driving such as ADAS*1, and various electronic devices such as vehicle-mounted cameras, radars, LiDAR*2, and ECU*3 have been equipped on automobiles. However, since components are often confined to a limited space, they are required to be miniaturized and must be able to withstand high temperatures.
To operate electronic devices properly, it is required that power is supplied stably to each function. To provide stable power supply, it is required to avoid low frequency noise that result from DC-DC converters from entering the signal line, and high inductance inductor components are required to suppress noise.
Responding to these application requirements, Murata has designed this product as a low frequency noise suppression component which is a smaller model compared to conventional models at a size of 0603 inch (1608 mm), and is capable of withstanding high temperatures (150°C) with a high inductance (6.8 - 47 uH).
By combining this product with our chip ferrite bead “BLM series,” which is optimal for high frequency noise suppression, it is capable of eliminating a broader range of noise.
- Compact: 0603 inch size
- High temperature resistant: Maximum use temperature 150°C, for power train
- Extensive product lineup of high inductance value types: 0.68 uH - 47 uH
Detailed product information
- Refer to LQM18DH 70 Series for details.
- LQM18DZ 70 Series : Supports up to a maximum use temperature of 125°C, for infotainment
Design support tool
- Murata DC-DC Converter Design Support Tool
- *1ADAS (Advanced Driving Assistance System): Advanced driving assistance system.
- *2LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging): A system that detects obstacles around the vehicle by emitting lasers.
- *3ECU (Electronic Control Unit): A electronic control unit of the automobile.