Large Solid-Core Ground Fault Sensor for Monitoring Larger Circuits
NK Technologies offers the AG-LC Series, a new ground fault sensor that makes it easy to monitor larger circuits. The 2011 NEC requires ground fault protection of the main over-current device feeding marinas and boatyards, where these services often carry up to 800 amps. Most sensor designs do not allow the conductors to pass through a single sensing ring, requiring a separate sensing device such as a zero-sequence current transformer.
The AG-LC Series resolves this issue with an innovative large solid-core housing design that provides ample space for multiple conductors to pass easily through one sensing window.
Key applications include:
- Monitoring large machines: Detecting leakage to earth before the problem can cause damage
- Water treatment and delivery: Keeping pumping systems safe and in operation
- Generators: Shut down equipment when leakage current exceeds hazardous levels
AG-LC Series highlights include:
- Electromechanical relay output provides both normally open and normally closed contacts
- Compatible with most automation and control systems
- Externally powered – choice of fail-safe or standard operation
- Simple field setpoint adjustment
- Adjustable time delay
- DIN Rail or panel mount