New Industry Products
Isolated Loop Circuit Protectors for LED Strings
January 13, 2020 by Paul Shepard
PLEDxUSxA open LED protectors from Littelfuse provide an electronic switching shunt path when an LED in an LED string fails as an open circuit. This ensures that the remaining string of LEDs will continue to function if a single LED does not.
These components are designed to enable higher reliability in indoor LED lighting applications such as advertisement lighting and other applications.
This series is compatible with one-, two- and three-Watt LEDs that have a nominal 3V forward characteristic and is available in an SMB surface mount package. The DO-214AA (SMB) low profile package is ideal for dense board applications.
- Ideal for protecting high brightness LED with high operating current at specified condition.
- Fast switching
- Reverse Battery/Power Protection
- Low profile, small foot print standard DO-214AA package
- Compatible with industrial lighting environments
- IEC-61000-4-2 ESD 30kV (Air), 30kV (Contact)
- ESD protection of data lines in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2 (IEC801-2)
- RoHS compliant and halogen-free
- Pb-free E3 means 2nd level interconnect is Pb-free and the terminal finish material is tin(Sn) (IPC/JEDEC J-STD-609A.01)
- Recognized to UL 497B as an Isolated Loop Circuit Protector