Dual-Channel 2A, 42V, Synchronous Step-Down with 6.2µA Iq
The LT®8653S from Analog Devices is a dual step-down dc-dc regulator that delivers up to 2A of continuous current from both channels and supports loads up to 3A from each channel. The LT8653S features the second-generation Silent Switcher architecture to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. This includes integration of bypass capacitors to optimize high frequency current loops and make it easy to achieve advertised EMI performance by eliminating layout sensitivity.
The LT8653S is expected to find use in automotive and industrial designs as well as general-purpose step-down applications.
The fast, clean, low overshoot switching edges enable high efficiency operation even at high switching frequencies, leading to a small solution size with wide control loop bandwidth for fast transient response.
Burst Mode operation enables ultralow standby current consumption or forced continuous mode can be used to control frequency harmonics across the entire output load range. The LT8653S is a full featured, customizable voltage regulator, but also has several pin strap options to select internal 2MHz switching frequency, internal compensation and internal feedback resistor divider options to create a simple, compact two output voltage regulator with only five external components.
Summary of features:
- Silent Switcher®2 Architecture:
- Ultralow EMI on Any PCB
- Eliminates PCB Layout Sensitivity
- Internal Bypass Capacitors Reduce Radiated EMI
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- 2A dc from Each Channel Simultaneously
- Up to 3A on Either Channel
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
- 2μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 5VOUT1 and 3.3VOUT2
- Output Ripple < 10mV peak-to-peak
- Optional External VC Pin: Fast Transient Response
- Forced Continuous Mode
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- 1% Efficiency at 1A, 5VOUT from 12VIN at 2MHz
- Pin-Selectable Fixed Output Voltages: 5V, 3.3V, 1.8V
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 30ns
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.0V to 42V
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 300kHz to 3MHz
- Fixed Output Pin Strap Options
- Internal 2MHz fSW with Fast Internal Compensation
- Small 4mm × 3mm 20-Pin LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualification in Progress