600V, 1.5A to 2.0A 3-Phase Brushless Motor Driver ICsJuly 08, 2019 by Scott McMahan
The SX6812xM series from Sanken Electric are high voltage 3-phase motor drivers driven by a sinusoidal control, which can support Hall element inputs, thus offering high-efficient yet low-noise motor control.
Applications for the BLDC motor driver ICs include fan motors for an air conditioner, fan motors for an air purifier, and electric fans.
Supplied in a thin, SOP36 package, the device integrates a controller, a gate driver, the output transistors of three phases, and bootstrap diodes. So, the SX6812xM series requires only a few external components for building a motor driver circuit. This level of integration also allows a motor driver circuit using the driver IC to be highly reliable and compact.
These products can optimally control the inverter systems of low- to medium-capacity motors that require universal input standards.
The BLDC motor driver ICs feature low noise and high efficiency and they have a bare lead frame. They feature Hall element inputs. They have a 5V reference voltage output (used for driving Hall elements, etc.).
Application-specific optimal settings with external signals include motor speed, phase advance angle, motor direction, and user-settable motor lock detection.
The motor driver IC's protections include VREG Pin under-voltage lockout (UVLO_REG), under-voltage lockout for power supplies, VBx Pin (UVLO_VB), VCC1 Pin (UVLO_VCC), over-current limit (OCL), over-current protection (OCP), thermal shutdown (TSD), motor lock protection (MLP), and reverse rotation detection.
- Low Noise, High Efficiency
- (Sinusoidal Current Waveform)
- Reduced Number of Parts Achieved by Built-in Bootstrap Diodes with Current-Limiting Resistors
- Bare Lead Frame: Pb-free (RoHS Compliant)
- Hall Element Inputs
- Application-specific Optimal Settings with External Signals:
- Motor Speed
- Phase Advance Angle
- Motor Direction
- User-settable Motor Lock Detection (Enabled or Disabled)
- 5V Reference Voltage Output (Used for Driving Hall Elements, etc.)
- Fault Signal Output at Protection Activation (FO Pin)
- Protections Include:
- VREG Pin Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO_REG)
- Undervoltage Lockout for Power Supplies
- VBx Pin (UVLO_VB)
- VCC1 Pin (UVLO_VCC)
- Over-current Limit (OCL)
- Over-current Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Motor Lock Protection (MLP)
- Reverse Rotation Detection