40V USB Type-C Power Delivery Buck-Boost Controller
The LT®8253/LT8253A from Analog Devices are synchronous 4-switch buck boost controllers optimized for automotive USB-C power delivery. The LT8253/LT8253A are fully compliant to the USB power delivery (PD) specification when used in conjunction with a USB Type-C or PD port controller.
The output voltage slew rate can be controlled through the FB pin. The LT8253 can deliver up to 100W output power with 98% peak efficiency when running below the AM band. The LT8253A can deliver up to 60W output power with 95% peak efficiency when running above the AM band.
- Single Output Supports 1 Type-C Port Up to 100W
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 40V
- Synchronous Switching: Up to 98% Efficiency
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- Proprietary Low EMI Buck-Boost Architecture
- Adjustable Switching Frequency with External Synchronization and Spread Spectrum
- Overcurrent, Overvoltage, Short-Circuit Protection
- 28-Lead Side Solderable QFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress