200mA Ultra-Low Quiescent Current LDO
The STLQ020 from STMicroelectronics is a 200mA low-dropout voltage regulator, able to work with an input voltage ranging from 2V to 5.5V. The typical dropout voltage at maximum load is 160 mV.
The ultra-low quiescent current, which is just 0.3μA at no load, extends battery-life of applications requiring very long standby time. The enable pin puts the STLQ020 in shutdown mode, reducing total current consumption to 1nA.
Even though the device intrinsic consumption is ultra-low, STLQ020 is able to provide fast transient response and good PSRR performance, thanks to its adaptive biasing circuit.
The STLQ020 is designed to keep the quiescent current under control and at a low value also during dropout operation, helping to extend even more the operating time of battery- powered devices.
It also includes short-circuit constant-current limiting and thermal protection. Several small package options are available. Key features include:
- Operating input voltage range: 2V to 5.5V
- Output current up to 200mA
- Ultra-low quiescent current:
- 300nA typ. at no load
- 100μA typ. at 200mA load
- Controlled Iq in dropout conditions
- Very low-dropout voltage: 160mV at 200mA
- Output voltage accuracy: 2% at room temperature, 3% in full temperature range
- Output voltage versions: from 0.8V to 4.5V, with 50mV step and adjustable
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Output discharge feature (optional)
- Internal overcurrent and thermal protections
- Temperature range: from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Packages: DFN6-2x2, SOT323-5L, Flip-Chip4