Wireless System-On-Module for Android Things DesignsAugust 23, 2017 by Paul Shepard
The SprIoT 6UL from Murata is a Wireless IoT SOM (System-On-Module) based on NXP i.MX6 UL high performance application processor and Cypress 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth® combo solution. It is designed to support Google Android Things™ software platform or Linux based solution.
It integrates application processor, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth IC, PMIC, RF front end, clock and on-board antenna. The module dimensions are 40mm x 40mm x 5.5mm.
Together with Google Android Things, the SOM greatly simplifies the design effort for IoT devices, helps to reduce the time-to-market, and yet provides high performance and rich interfaces for variety of IoT applications such as sensor network, audio, video, device control, etc. It is an ideal solution for smart device, medical and healthcare, and M2M applications.
- Smart Devices: Routers, Speakers, Video Cameras, Hubs, etc.
- Sensor Devices
- Medical/Healthcare/Industrial measurement, reporting and control
- HVAC, Safety, Security
- Compatible with Google Android Things™
- Processor: i.MX6 UltraLite (ARM Cortex A7)
- 512 MB RAM and 4GB Flash
- Robust 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth® v4.1
- On-board Antenna
- I/O Interface: ADC, CAN, CSI, Ethernet, GPIO, I2C, I2S, JTAG, LCD, PWM, SPI,
- UART, USB (host and OTG)
- Camera/Video Input
- LCD display output
- Board-to-Board connectors
- Certification: FCC/IC (pending)
- Compatible with Android Things™
- Built-in wireless connectivity RF certificate