Intelligent Power Manager Software for Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Eaton today announced the global launch of its Intelligent Power Manager™ (IPM) software version 1.60, which now offers full integration with the Nutanix Acropolis hyperconverged infrastructure platform. Through the integration, users of Nutanix Acropolis, including information technology (IT) professionals and data center managers, can now leverage Eaton’s IPM software to provide graceful shutdown of the Nutanix infrastructure, enhancing business continuity and protecting mission critical data during power-related events.
“IT and data center professionals increasingly look to hyperconverged infrastructure as an opportunity to lower costs and consolidate IT resources,” said Hervé Tardy, vice president and general manager, Distributed Power Solutions, Eaton.
“Nutanix has emerged as an innovator in providing hyperconverged solutions and Acropolis has become a leading platform for professionals looking to reduce complexity in managing their deployments. By integrating our IPM software with Acropolis, users gain enhanced control of power infrastructure for Nutanix deployments while protecting essential data from unplanned incidents,” Tardy added.
Nutanix Acropolis combines feature-rich software-defined storage with built-in virtualization in a turnkey hyperconverged infrastructure solution. Through integration with Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager software, Acropolis users can now provide remote shutdown capabilities for the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) during unforeseen power events to avoid a loss of data or its integrity.
In addition to integration with Nutanix Acropolis, the latest version of Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager software features integration with VMware® vSAN hyper-converged infrastructure software as well as the Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platform. These integrations enable operators in vSAN environments to efficiently and effectively manage their power infrastructure as part of their vSAN deployments or Hyper-V hypervisors.
Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager Software enables users to:
- Remotely monitor and manage multiple devices across a network from a single interface
- Suspend non-critical virtual machines, consolidate critical virtual machines and shut down unused servers to extend battery runtime
- Initiate a virtual machine move or graceful shutdown in the event of an extended outage
- Set server power consumption limits for extended battery runtime with Cisco UCS management software or HPE OneView
- Automate disaster avoidance with a planned migration application, such as VMware Site Recovery Manager and Microsoft Live Migration
- Integrate with VMware’s vRealize Operations Manager using Eaton’s Infrastructure Management Pack to manage health, risk and efficiency of power and environmental devices