Attending APEC? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
The Applied Power Electronics Conference will take place this Monday through Thursday.
After a confusing and concerning year for engineering industry conferences and tradeshows, the Applied Power Electronics Conference returns this week in a virtual format that so many of us have become accustomed to.
Image courtesy of APEC.
Originally set to take place in Arizona this week, June, APEC organizers cited concerns for the safety and well-being of potential APEC participants as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to pose health risks for large-scale gatherings.
How to Join
This year’s APEC will be held virtually through Social27, a virtual events platform. APEC registrants will receive or may have already received log-in information to set up their conference account.
Still need to register? Registration is free for the exhibit-only portion of the event, which includes plenary sessions, RAP sessions, and expo hall access.
What to Attend
Even with a new virtual format, APEC boasts more than 675 educational opportunities. Here are a few events you should keep on your radar:
- Plenary Session - Wide Bandgap Technologies: Enabling a Broader Power Application Domain (9 a.m.)
- Q&A Panel - Power Solutions for the Data Center (ISO7, On-Demand)
- Rap Sessions 1 - Distributed vs. Centralized Control for Micro-grid and Nano-grid (2 p.m.)
- Plenary Session - Native American Energy Sovereignty: Energy Storage and Power Electronics Benefits (9 a.m.)
- Q&A Panel - GaN, Silicon and Passive Devices (T07, On-Demand)
- Day 1 of Exposition Begins - Expo booths are available on-demand all week. Check the schedule for booth attendant hours.
- Plenary Session - The Present and Future of Magnetics and Other Power Passives (9 a.m.)
- Q&A Panel - Transportation: On-board Electric Vehicle Charging (T12, On-Demand)
- Rap Sessions 2 - Does high level of integration make power converters more reliable or not? (11 a.m.)
- Q&A Panel - Magnetic Analysis and Simulation (T-38 On-Demand)
- Rap Sessions 3 - Where does the expertise for the next generation of magnetics come from? The Magnetics companies or the engineer designing the power supply? (2 p.m.)
For the full schedule of events, visit the APEC website or use your APEC registrant portal to plan your week.
More than 75 exhibitors — such as EPC, Maxim Integrated, Power Integrations, ROHM Semiconductor, and United SiC — are set to showcase their technologies at this year’s APEC.
Image courtesy of APEC.
The exhibition and exhibitor booths will become available to registered attendees starting Tuesday, June 15. Attendees can download materials from and ask questions to “booth” attendants for the remainder of the conference.
Connect with Other Attendees
In the Social27 virtual platform, attendees will be able to create and join “roundtable” and “boardroom” discussions. There, attendees can virtually congregate with other attendees in a networking lounge or with exhibitors.
“Happy Hour” group chats will also be available throughout the week of the conference.
Keep up with EE Power to learn about APEC’s daily technical sessions, live Q&As, and newly announced power technologies.