Single-Channel Dimmable LED Controller for Automotive Headlights
The TS19501CB10H from Taiwan Semiconductor is a single channel LED driver of low-side-current sense. This device can operate in DCM, BCM and CCM mode with full protection and diagnostics. This device is fully dedicated and suitable for automotive headlight. This controller supports typical dc-dc converter topologies such as boost, buck-boost (schematic illustrated above) and SEPIC.
Expected applications for this LED driver include; a variety of automotive LED lighting systems (daytime running lights, turn indicators, position sights, high and low beams, and fog lights), general lighting applications, and high brightness LED designs.
Output current regulation is based on average current mode control supervised by a control loop. The fault flag is connected to pull-up resistor from VDC for highlighting the information of fault and fault status flag is latched by the timer when output is low.
Key Features and Advantages
- AEC-Q100 qualified with the following results:
- Device temperature grade 1: -40°C to 125°C
- Device HBM ESD classification level H2
- Device CDM ESD classification level C6
- Drives LEDs in boost, buck-boost and SEPIC topology
- Operation in DCM, BCM, CCM mode
- Input voltage 4.5V to 38V (42V maximum)
- Adjustable switching frequency from 70kHz to 700kHz
- Low-side current sense
- Internal voltage reference 150mV ±3%
- Both PWM and analog dimming
- Over voltage protection (OVP)
- Over current protection (OCP)
- Over temperature protection (OTP)
- Under voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Jitter function for effective spread spectrum to reduce EMI
- Fault status flag and Internal soft start