Medical/ITE 305W Open-Frame Power Supplies
Tumbler Technologies, Inc. + TRUMPower added the TTM305 series to its switching ac-dc power supply line-up. The TTM305 series is certified to the latest medical IEC 60601-1 Edition 3.1 and industrial IEC 60950-1 2nd Edition standards, making it suitable for both industrial and medical applications.
The TTM305 series can deliver 305W of continuous output power at 11 CFM forced air or up to 255W at convection cooling. It comes as an open frame PCB in a low profile of 5in x 3in x 1.5in and is equipped with over-voltage, over-current, and short-circuit protections.
The TTM305 also has a low earth leakage current of 100µA and provides 5V/1A of standby power along with fan power of 12V/0.3A for the 12V/48V models and 24V/0.2A maximum for the 24V output model. It can withstand a voltage of 4000Vac from input to output (2 MOPP), 1500Vac from input to ground and 1500Vac from output to ground.
Operating at a 90Vac to 264Vac universal input, the 305W rated power supplies are available with 12V, 24V, and 48V outputs and can operate in ambient temperatures ranging from 0°C to +70°C (derating linearly to 50% load from 50°C to 70°C).
The power supply's active efficiency is 90% minimum at full load, and it has a no load input power consumption of 0.5W maximum when using the remote off feature.
A 300,000 hours-minimum MTBF at full load and 25°C ambient per Telcodia SR-332 makes it a highly reliable power supply.
The TTM305 is approved to the latest medical standards, including IEC/EN 60601-1 Edition 3.1, ANSI/AAMI ES 60601-1: 2012, CSA C22.2 No. 60601-1: 2014 and the IEC/EN/UL 60950-1 2nd edition ITE standards. The power supply complies with IEC/EN 60601-1-2 4th edition medical EMC and immunity standards including EN 55011/FCC/CISPR11 class B (conducted and radiated emissions), EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-11.
- 5in x 3in x 1.5in footprint
- 12V/24V/48V output with 5V/1A standby power
- On/off remote control
- Medical & ITE dual approvals
- Input Voltage Range: 90Vac to 264Vac
- Input Frequency: 47Hz to 63Hz
- Power Factor: 0.9 min.
- Input Current: 3.6A rms max. @ full load
- Inrush Current: 100A @ full load, at 25°C cold start
- Earth Leakage Current: 100µA max. @ 264Vac, 63Hz
- No Load Power Cons.: 0.21W max.
- Output Power Ratings: See table above
- Output Voltage: See table above
- Load Regulation: ±5% typical
- Ripple and Noise*: 1% Vp-p max. for main output
- Over-Voltage Protection: Shut down
- Over-Current Protection: shut down, auto-recovery
- Short-Circuit Protection: shut down, auto-recovery
- Temperature coefficient: ±0.04%/°C max.
- Transient Response: 0.5ms for 50% load change, typ.
- Standby Power: 5V/1A
- Fan Power: 12V/0.3A or 24V/0.2A max.
*Peak to peak with 20MHz bandwidth and a 47μF low ESR electrolytic capacitor in parallel with a 0.1μF multilayer capacitor at nominal line voltage and full load.
- Efficiency: 90% min. @ full load
- Hold-up Time: 10ms min. @ full load
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +40°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +80°C
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Withstand Voltage:
- 4,000Vac, input-output (2 MOPP)
- 1,500Vac, input-ground
- 1,500Vac, output-ground
- MTBF: 300K hours minimum at full load, 25°C ambient, calculated per Telcodia SR-332
Standards and Compliance
- IEC/EN 60601-1-2:2014: EMC & Immunity Performance
- EN 55011: Class B, conducted & radiated
- FCC, CISPR11: Class B, conducted & radiated
- EN61000-3-2: Harmonic distortion, Class A & D
- EN61000-3-3: Line flicker
- EN61000-4-2: ESD, ±15kV air and ±8kV contact
- EN61000-4-3: Radiated immunity, 3V/m
- EN61000-4-4: Fast transient/burst, ±2kV
- EN61000-4-5: Surge, ±1kV diff., ±2kV com.
- EN61000-4-6: Conducted immunity, 3 VRMS
- EN61000-4-8: Magnetic field immunity, 3A/m
- Voltage dip immunity,
- 30% reduction for 500ms,
- 60% reduction for 100ms,
- >95% reduction for 10ms
- Safety Standards:
- IEC/EN 60601-1 (Edition 3.1)
- ANSI/AAMI ES 60601-1:2012
- CSA C22.2 No. 60601-1:2014
- IEC/EN/UL 60950-1 (2nd Edition)
- Agency Approvals: UL, cUL, TUV, CB, CE
- Other Compliance: RoHS, CEC, DoE level VI, ErP Stage 2