HV DC-DC Converters for Precision Medical and Analytical EquipmentApril 15, 2020 by Paul Shepard
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. has expanded its UltraVolt LE Series of high voltage dc-dc converters with the introduction of three new models with higher maximum output voltage.
AE’s new 20LE, 25LE and 30LE converters range from 20- to 30-kVdc maximum output voltage. They join the LE Series’ existing line of six converter models that range from 1- to 15-kVdc maximum output voltage. AE’s UltraVolt LE Series offers low ripple and stable performance over temperature for a variety of precision high voltage applications.
“With the expansion of our LE Series, customers now have a broader range of regulated dc-dc converters from which to choose, in particular for applications that require higher voltage,” said Conor Duffy, vice president and general manager of high voltage and low voltage at Advanced Energy.
“High precision medical and analytical equipment are core markets for our LE Series, where consistent high voltage performance in varying ambient temperatures and line loading conditions are critical for ensuring the most robust performance especially in mass spectrometry, electron and ion beam steering and focusing optics, capillary electrophoresis and electrostatics applications,” added Duffy.
Other benefits of AE’s LE Series include better measurement repeatability, resolution and longer-term reliability; enhanced high voltage output performance by minimizing control signal noise and drift; and acceleration of both electrical and mechanical integration tasks.
Features of the new 20LE-30LE series include:
- Regulated high voltage outputs ranging from 20- to 30-kVdc maximum
- Single output: positive and negative polarity models
- 4-, 15- or 30-W of maximum output power
- 24Vdc input
- 0- to 10-Vdc (full-scale) analog control interface with differential input
- Temperature coefficient 25ppm/°C
- Control/monitoring of both output voltage and current setpoint levels
- Optional enhanced output stability option for operation down to 0Vdc (4W only)
- Chassis mount
- Front and rear panel high voltage output and return options
- UL/cUL recognized