High-Isolation 3- to 20-Watt DC-DCs with 1000 VACrms Working VoltageJuly 29, 2019 by Paul Shepard
The new TRI line from Traco Power comprises a set of high isolation, regulated dc-dc converter series which come in compact DIP-24 (3- to 10-Watt) or 2"x1" (15- to 20-Watt) packages. The core characteristic of the TRI line is a sophisticated reinforced isolation system which is able to withstand high test voltages (9000Vdc for 1s and 5000Vac for 60s) and working voltages (1000Vac).
Complementing this isolation characteristic is a high Common Mode Transient Immunity of 15kV/µs. With the latest IT safety certifications (IEC/EN/UL 62368-1) the TRI line is the perfect choice for many demanding applications in the industrial, transportation and instrumentation sectors.
The new design allows to fully integrate an EN 55032 class A filter and greatly reduces the no-load power consumption. High efficiencies up to 90% allow safe operation from -40°C to +85°C. All models have a wide 2:1 input voltage range and precisely regulated, isolated output voltages.
Summary of features
- Reinforced I/O-isolation 5000Vac rated for 1000Vac working voltage
- Ultra-high isolation peak voltage 9000Vdc (1s)
- Common Mode Transient Immunity (dv/dt) 15kV/µs
- Operating temperature range -40 to +85 °C
- Low no-load power consumption 96- to 480-mW (model dependent)
- Internal EN 55032 class A filter
- High efficiency up to 90%
- 2:1 input voltage range: 4.5- to 9- Vdc, 9- to 18-Vdc, 18- to 36-Vdc, or 36- to 75-Vdc
- Protection against overload, overvoltage and short circuit
- 3-year product warranty