Conduction Cooled Capacitors Offer Massive Current HandlingApril 13, 2020 by Paul Shepard
The new 2SM6 direct-mount option from Illinois Capacitors uses a through-hole design that is compatible with many current application configurations. Available in the HC1, HC2, HC3A and HC3B Series, the new mounting configuration provides the highest level of heat transfer and connectivity. It also eliminates the need for intermediate mounting hardware, allowing direct mounting to bus bars.
Targeted applications include: resonant power supplies, RF amplifiers, welding equipment, induction heating, electric vehicle charging stations, and similar systems.
Specifications and Features
- Expanded lineup now includes new direct mounting options on the HC Series.
- Can be used from 9kHz to 1MHz depending on value
- Up to 1200Arms at the resonant frequency
- Operating temperature ranges from -40°C to +85°C
- LC Series has large flat copper plates to allow reliable handling the resonating current and voltage
- HC is a space-saving rectangular block type
- Single or multiple element construction, impregnated to reduce the risk of internal corona