APEC 2020 Sponsors Continue Student Travel Support Program
This article announces that the joint sponsors of APECs continuation of the popular Student Attendance Travel Support Program of up to $1000 to cover part of the travel and conference expenses for as many as 60 students to attend APEC 2020 in New Orleans, LA, March 15-19, 2020
Travel support of up to $1,000 offered to graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in power electronics programs to assist in attendance at APEC in March 2020; Up to $60,000 in travel support will be distributed; Deadline for applications is Oct. 25, 2019
The joint sponsors of APEC have announced the continuation of the popular Student Attendance Travel Support Program of up to $1,000 to cover part of the travel and conference expenses for as many as 60 students to attend APEC 2020 in New Orleans, LA, March 15-19, 2020. Interested students must apply by October 25th, 2019.
In its 15h year, this popular program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS).
The recipients will be chosen by the APEC 2020 Student Travel Support Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Travel Support Application. The application criteria are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution
- Only students who have not received travel support in the past will be considered
- The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2020
- The recipient must attend APEC 2020 and submit expense receipts to the Committee for reimbursement
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 25, 2019
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 15, 2019
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, as well as the name(s) of the co-author(s).
More information about the APEC Student Attendance Travel Support Program may be found at the PSMA’s Education Forum page.
Celebrating 35 years, the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) brings together nearly 6,000 professionals, from around the world, for five days of powerful networking, hands-on learning, and strategic business development, including a vast exposition featuring the latest products and services.