18V, 2A, Single-Phase, BLDC Motor Driver with Integrated Hall Sensor
The MP6650 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a single-phase, brushless, dc (BLDC) motor driver with integrated power MOSFETs and a Hall-effect sensor. The device drives single-phase brushless dc fan motors with up to 2A of output current.
The IC has a 3.3V to 18V input voltage range and input line reverse-voltage protection (RVP) to save the external diode on the supply line.
The device controls the rotational speed through the PWM signal on the PWM pin. It has a rotational speed detection feature and rotor lock fault indication on the FG/RD pin with an open-drain output. The output speed vs. the input duty curve can be configured easily for flexible use.
You may also like: IP65-Rated Stepper Motors for Wet & Dusty Industrial Environments
To reduce audible fan driver noise and power loss, the MP6650 features a soft on/off phase transition and an automatic phase-lock function of the motor winding BEMF and current.
Full protection features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage lockout (UVLO), rotor deadlock (RD) protection, thermal shutdown, and input reverse protection.
The MP6650 requires a minimal number of external components to save solution cost. It is available in TSOT23-6-L, TSOT23-6-R, TSOT23-6-SL, and TSOT23-6-RSL packages.
Summary of Features & Benefits
- Embedded Hall Sensor with High Sensitivity
- Wide 3.3V to 18V Operating Input Range
- Up to 2A Configurable Current Limit
- Integrated Power MOSFETs: Total 740mΩ (HS-FET and LS-FET)
- Configurable Speed Curve
- Built-In Adjustable Speed Curve Corner Setting
- Automatic Phase-Lock Detection of Winding BEMF and Current Zero-Crossing
- Soft On/Off Phase Transition
- Rotational Speed Indicator (FG) Signal
- 2kHz to 100kHz PWM Input Frequency Range
- Fixed 26kHz Output Switching Frequency
- Input Line Reverse Voltage Protection (RVP)
- Rotor Deadlock (RD) Protection
- Thermal Protection and Automatic Recovery
- Built-In Input OVP, UVLO, and Automatic Recovery
- Available in TSOT23-6-L, TSOT23-6-R, TSOT23-6-SL, and TSOT23-6-RSL Packages