1-Amp Switching Regulators for Industrial and Instrumentation SystemsAugust 18, 2017 by Paul Shepard
The new K78M-1000R3 series of 1-A non-isolated switching regulators from Mornsun are fully-encapsulated in a compact 11.6 x 10.4 x 8 mm (0.457 x 0.409 x 0.315 inch) plastic case, compatible with the current K78-500R3 series.
The series feature an ultra-wide input voltage range of 6- 36-Vdc, continuous short-circuit protection, low ripple noise (25mV, typical), etc., targeting a diverse range of industrial control, grid power, instrumentation, mining and other related industries.
The new 1A series can accommodate operating temperature from -40°C to +85°C and offer conversion efficiency up to 96% without heat sink, which is the best alternative to traditional LM78xx linear regulators.
- High efficiency up to 96%
- No-load input current as low as 0.3mA
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85 degrees C
- Support the negative output
- Output short circuit protection
- Pin-out compatible with LM78XX linear regulators
- Meet IEC60950, UL60950, EN60950 (pending)