Hioki Presents Its Virtual Booth for the Applied Power Electronics ConferenceMarch 23, 2020 by Paul Shepard
In lieu of exhibiting at the 2020 APEC (Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition) in New Orleans, LA, that was scheduled to take place from March 15-19, Hioki USA has set up a Virtual Exhibition to demonstrate our wide range of Hioki's test/measurement/LAB equipment.
The key focus of the Hioki booth is the use of a power analyzer to measure reactor total loss and core loss as illustrated above and in the following video. By directly measuring reactor loss, as well as iron loss and copper loss ratios within reactor loss, you can significantly reduce research and development time and identify areas of improvement for reaching even higher efficiency and smaller form factors.
- High iron loss -> Issues with the core likely; focus on improving the structure and materials.
- High copper loss -> Issues with the winding coil likely; focus on improving the winding method or materials.
Featured products in the Hioki booth include:
Power Analyzer PW6001
- The PW6001 is Hioki's flagship power analyzer, featuring high accuracy, wide band, and high stability for measuring electrical power from dc to inverter frequencies, providing maximum of 12 channels to support single- and three-phase inverter motor system measurements and next generation devices such as silicon-carbide (SiC) inverters.
AC-DC Current Box PW9100
- The PW9100 is a direct ac-dc current measurement option for the PW6001 and 3390 series Power Analyzers that delivers wide bandwidth and high accuracy testing across 3 or 4 channels of input. The option is ideal for applications requiring direct input connections when testing the power conversion efficiency of motors, primary and secondary side of inverters, hybrid and electric vehicles, and renewable energy equipment.
Memory HiCorder MR6000
- The MR6000 overcomes all barriers to reach new ground and meet challenges that are yet to be seen. World class specifications, operability and design - Hioki's newest memory recorder has been re-engineered from top to bottom, delivering unprecedented performance that will change how you look at waveform recording.
Current Probe CT6710
- Hioki flat bandwidth current probes are best-in-class current sensors for use with Memory HiCorders and high performance oscilloscopes. The CT6710 is a 3-range, high-sensitivity current probe that offers a wide dc to 50MHz bandwidth and 200µA to 30A input, letting your capture signals across an expansive current range, from steady state to transient currents, when developing switching power supplies, inverters, and motor controllers.
Impedance Analyzer IM7587
- Hioki LCR Meters and Impedance Analyzers range from 1mHz to 3GHz devices to suit a wide range of applications in the testing of electronic components. The IM7587 Impedance Analyzer offers a top measurement time of 0.5ms over a 1MHz to 3GHz frequency range and superior stability, making it ideal for R&D as well as high volume production of ferrite chip beads and chip inductors.
Memory HiLogger LR8450
- The LR8450 Memory HiLogger is a portable logger capable of measuring multiple channels of voltage, temperature, resistance and humanity signals. The LR8450 offers 1ms sampling across up to 330 channels, and can be paired with 5 different types of plug-in input units and wireless modules. The new input modules can measure strain and distortion and ideal for automotive applications involving the evaluation of vehicle components as well as robotic equipment.