Bluetooth Low Energy RF Module Supports up to 8 ConnectionsApril 07, 2020 by Paul Shepard
Panasonic has added the PAN1740A Series RF Module, an optimized version of the existing PAN1740 Series Module, offering a reduced boot time and supporting up to eight connections to allow greater flexibility to create more advanced applications.
The PAN1740A Series has a fully integrated radio transceiver and baseband processor for Bluetooth® 5.0 Low Energy. It can be used as a standalone application processor or as a data pump in hosted systems.
The PAN1740A is optimized for remote control units (RCU) requiring support for voice commands and motion/gesture recognition. Its integrated Audio Unit (AU) offers easy interface for MEMS microphones over PDM, external codecs over wPCM/I2S and a Sample Rate Converter unit.
Features and Specifications
- Peak power consumption: 4.9mA (Rx and Tx)
- Link budget: 93dBm (Rx sensitivity: -93 dBm, Tx sensitivity 0 dBm)
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +85°C
- Pre-programmed Bluetooth/MAC address
- Includes 16MHz and 32 768kHz crystal calibrated up to 1 ppm
- Single mode Bluetooth 5.0 System-on-Chip
- Programmable ARM® Cortex®-M0 CPU
- Autonomous Bluetooth LE stand-alone operation
- Bluetooth 5.0 (LE) embedded GATT profile (LE single mode)
- Dimensions: 9mm x 9.5mm x 1.8mm (SMD package with antenna)
- Less than a few µA in low power modes
- Integrated shielding to resist EMI
- No external components needed
The PAN1740A Evaluation Kit is provided in easy-to-use USB dongle form which is intended to enable users to quickly integrate Panasonic’s PAN1740A Series RF Module into their device.