Quad 3A / 1A Output Power Module with I2C in Ultra-Thin LGA Package
The MPM54304 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a complete power management module that integrates four high-efficiency, step-down dc-dc converters, inductors, and a flexible logic interface. This COT control dc-dc converter provides fast transient response.
Its default 1.5MHz switching frequency greatly reduces external capacitor size. Full protection features include UVLO, OCP, and thermal shutdown.
The output voltage is adjustable through the I2C bus or preset by the three-time programmable MTP (multi-time programmable) e-fuse. The power on/off sequence is also programmable by MTP. The MPM54304 requires a minimal number external components and is available in a space-saving LGA (7mm x 7mm x 2mm) package.
You may also like: 36V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost Converter and LED Driver
Summary of Features:
- 4V to 16V Operating Input Range
- 55V to 5.5V Output Voltage Range
- Channels 1 & 2: 3A Max DC Current
- Channels 3 & 4: 1A Max DC Current
- Up to 2.5W Power Dissipation (TA = 60 OC No Forced Air Flow)
- Out-of-Phase Operation
- COT Control, Fast Transient Responses
- GPIO pin can be configured as "PowerGood," "Address," or "SYNCO"
- 5MHz Default Switching Frequency
- External Clock Synchronization
- I2C and MTP Programmable Parameters:
- Paralleling Channel 1 and 2
- Paralleling Channel 3 and 4
- Switching Frequency
- Output Voltage
- OCP OVP Threshold
- Power On and Off Sequencing
- Forced PWM or Auto-PWM/PFM