PoE-Powered 45W LED Driver with BLE-Enabled Control – Reference DesignMay 21, 2019 by Paul Shepard
The STEVAL-POEL45W1 Power over Ethernet (PoE) powered LED driver reference design from STMicroelectronics delivers a power output of 45W and dims LEDs down to 1% of the maximum brightness without any flicker. The solution supports remote dimming control via Bluetooth with the PoE_Lighting Android application (available on Google Play).
You can use this reference design to develop complete indoor network-powered lighting solutions with IP-based Powered Devices (PDs), without additional ac power infrastructure, and extend the functionality to include remote data management via existing LAN networks.
The reference design features a highly integrated PM8805 IEEE802.3bt-compliant Powered Device (PD) PoE interface, a high efficiency LED6000 LED driver able to source up to 3Adc current, and a certified SPBTLE-1S Bluetooth Low Energy module, compliant with BT specifications v4.2 and BQE qualified.
The STSW-POEL45FW board firmware is programmed via the STSW-BNRG1STLINK utility.
- PoE-PD IEEE 802.3af/at/bt compliant
- Constant current output, working in buck topology
- Output current 1.4A with < 0.05% current regulation
- Number of LEDs connected at output: 6 to 11 white LEDs (3.3V each)
- Wireless ON/OFF and dimming control with PoE_Lighting Android application
- Digital dimming with 1% resolution
- LED driver input voltage range 37- to 57-Vdc
- Peak efficiency at maximum load >95%
- Low standby power consumption <100mW
- Comprehensive set of protections:
- open/no-load circuit protection
- short/overload circuit protection
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE compliant