Navitas GaN Power IC Enables Credit-Card-Size 100W Charger
HYPER by Sanho Corporation announced HyperJuice: the world's first 100W GaN (Gallium Nitride) charger. HyperJuice supports worldwide universal 100- to 240-Vac voltage and comes with UK/EU/AU pin converters so that it can be used in virtually any country
HyperJuice utilizes the Navitas GaNFast NV6117 Power IC to miniaturize components normally found in traditional chargers. The new Gallium Nitride semiconductor material allows for power devices that can operate at higher voltages and switching frequency which results in smaller and more efficient chargers.
HyperJuice generates lesser heat than other chargers because it is extremely efficient, around 95% (compared to Apple/Anker chargers with 91% efficiency).
With dual USB-C and dual USB-A ports, the 4-port credit card size HyperJuice is also the smallest 100W charger on the market, capable of quick charging 4 devices (2 laptops and 2 mobile devices) at the same time.
HyperJuice exploded view. (click on image to enlarge)
Summary of features:
- World's first 100W GaN charger
- World's smallest 100W charger. Up to 50% smaller than current traditional chargers
- 4 ports (2 x USB-C and 2 x USB-A)
- 2 x USB-C Power Delivery 3.0 (Max 100W)
- 2 x USB-A Quick Charge 3.0 (Max 18W)
- Foldable wall plugs with pins converters to work in any country
- Industry beating low (60ºC exterior housing) temperature
- Industry-leading 95% power efficiency
- Dimensions: 85.3 x 60.8 x 28.9mm / 3.36" x 2.39" x 1.14"
- Weight: 208g / 7.34oz / 0.46 lb
Pricing Info & Availability:
HYPER is launching the HyperJuice via a Kickstarter campaign which ends on December 9th, 2019. Kickstarter Early Bird Backers will get the HyperJuice for $49, 50% off MSRP of $99.99. HyperJuice is expected to start shipping in January 2020 upon successful Kickstarter funding.