Low-Profile Modules Improve Efficiency of Mid-Power InvertersOctober 30, 2019 by Paul Shepard
The market is demanding ever more efficient dc-ac inverter solutions for motion control, solar and UPS applications. The pairing of VINco E3 packaging from Vincotech and IGBT M7 chips answers that call. Featuring innovative SoLid Cover (SLC) technology with an Insulated Metal Baseplate and direct potting resin, this new industry-standard, mid-power package achieves both high thermal and high power cycling capability.
- Longer module life time
- Increased power density
- Simple mounting and easy inverter design and manufacturing
VINco E3 housings come in two versions, the VINcoDUAL E3 (VINco E3s), a half-bridge with screw terminals, and the VINcoPACK E3 (VINco E3), a sixpack without screw terminals.
These elegant power units for mid-power inverters are sure to delight your engineers. With the benefit of VINco E3 modules, they are able to boost the output current, power density and reliability of your designs.
The new SoLid Cover technology
The VINco E3's flagship features are IGBT M7 chips and SLC (SoLid Cover) technology. An unprecedented packaging technology built on a new Insulated Metal Baseplate (IMB), SLC combines an electrically insulating resin layer with a direct-bonded, topside and bottom-side copper layer. It replaces the substrate solder layer and separate baseplate to achieve
- High thermal cycling capability
- Reduced thermal resistance
- High power density and low stray inductance
Direct potting resin distributes the mechanical stress more uniformly than silicone gel for improved power cycling capability
- Low-loss, new gen-7 chip technology
- New SLC and Insulated Metal Baseplate (IMB) technology
- Superior thermal cycling capability
- Matched CTE values (IMB, resin, case) to eliminate pump-out
- Low-proﬁle package
- Integrated NTC
- Press-ﬁt pins and pre-applied phase-change material
VINco E3 line-up at a glance
- VINco E3 will be available in 650V, 1200V and 1700V versions for scalable platform designs
- IGBT M7 and Trench IGBT3/IGBT4 chips available from multiple sources to protect your supply lines