IP65 & IP67 Liquid-Cooled, 25kW Battery Charger for Industrial Environments
Bel Power Solutions announced the BCN25-700-8, a 25kW onboard battery charger that converts 3-phase ac to dc. The enclosure is constructed of aluminum alloy and is liquid-cooled. Offering 25kW of output power for a single unit, and up to 100kW of output power for 4 units, the BCN25 boasts high efficiency and high reliability. It features a footprint of 524mm x 340mm x 84mm (20.63in x 13.39in x 3.31in) and weighs 19.4kg (42.77lbs).
Bel's new hybrid/electric battery charger has a 3-phase, line-to-line input voltage of 460Vac to 575Vac and an output voltage from 250Vdc to 800Vdc. The output current is 37.5A, with galvanic isolation between the input and output.
The product is compliant to SAE J1939 for CAN Bus communication, and the case is IP65 and IP57 compliant. Safety standards include CE and UL2202 approvals. Typical mining, industrial, and construction applications for the battery charge include charging full EVs where no neutral is required.
Bel Power pointed out that the company designed the charger for industrial environments and it is not intended to connect to any public grid.
Features and Benefits
- Up to 25kW Output Power
- 93% Typical Efficiency
- AC 3-phase input 460Vac to 575Vac 10% (Line-Line)
- DC Output 250Vdc to 800Vdc, 37.5Adc
- J1939 Compliant CAN Control and Monitoring
- Over-temperature, Output Over-voltage, and Over-current protections
- SAE 1455 Complaint Environmental Standards
- IP65 and IP67 Rating, Stackable Chassis
- Agency approved to UL2202 - Standard for EV Charging System Equipment