High Energy Density Solid-State Surface-Mountable Battery
FDK Corporation has begun sample shipment of oxide-based all-solid-state battery using high electrochemical potential cathode material lithium cobalt pyrophosphate (Li2CoP2O7) which was jointly developed with Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.
While applications using various batteries such as IoT devices and wearable devices expand and progress, the specifications required for batteries are becoming increasingly diverse, and, in particular, there is increasing interest in high energy density and safety performance.
Anticipated applications include:
- IoT devices
- Wearable devices
- Backup power supply for semiconductor products such as Real Time Clock (RTC)/SRAM/MCU
- Industrial equipment used in harsh environments (high temperature, vacuum etc.), measurement of automobile equipment application, wireless modules etc.
In response to these needs all-solid-state batteries are attracting attention as next generation battery, FDK has been continued to develop all-solid-state battery using high electrochemical potential cathode material lithium cobalt pyrophosphate with features such as high energy density, superior safety performance, and long life.
FDK developed ultra small size all-solid-state battery with capability of high voltage output using high electrochemical potential cathode material. This battery is SMD type, so they can be mounted as one of the electronic parts, contributing to miniaturization of equipment and reduction of surface mounting cost.
Summary of features:
- Small size SMD type
- Dimension of sample (L) 4.0mm x (W) 2.0mm x (T) 2.0mm
- High voltage, high capacity
- High voltage 3.0V, high capacity 140μAh
- High energy density
- Energy density 26mWh/cm3
- Wide operating temperature range
- Operating temperature range -20 to +105℃
- High safety and environmental adaptability
- Use inflammable materials
- Use stable oxide sintered ceramics (sulfide free)
In parallel with sample shipment of this product, FDK will continue to increase the capacity of this product for further expansion of applications. (Scheduled to ship samples with high capacity in April 2019).
FDK will exhibit this sample product at FDK booth of "5th WEARABLE EXPO" to be held at Tokyo Big Sight from Wednesday, January 16th to 18th, 2019 (West Hall 2, W17-3).