Compact, Low Cost 210 Watt AC-DC Medical & ITE Power SuppliesFebruary 06, 2019 by Scott McMahan
Tumbler Technologies + TRUMPower added to its ac-dc switching power supply line-up with the TTM210 series, which is comprehensively approved to meet both industrial and medical standards. The TTM210 series can deliver 210W of continuous output power at 11CFM forced air or 160W at convection cooling. It comes as an open frame PCB in a low profile 5" by 3" by 1.5" package and has a typical active efficiency of 88% at full load.
The power supply provides 2 x MOPP between input and output and 1 x MOPP between input and ground. The TTM210 series can withstand voltages of 4,000Vac from input to output, 1,500Vac from input to ground, and 1,500Vac from output to ground. The series includes 3 standard models of single 12V, 24V, or 48V power supplies each with an actual earth leakage current measuring 100µA maximum at 264Vac, 63 Hz.
Operating at a 90Vac to 264Vac universal input, the series provides 5V/2A of standby power along with fan power of 12V @ 1A or 24V @ 1A maximum. The unit is equipped with overvoltage, overcurrent, and short circuit protection. It operates at 0°C to +40°C ambient, with derating of 100% load at 0°C to 40°C, 75% load at 60°C and 50% load at 70°C, which is applicable to convection and forced-air cooling conditions. Its 300,000 hours-minimum MTBF at full load at 25°C ambient per Telcodia SR-332 makes it a highly reliable power supply.
The TTM210 is approved to the latest medical standards, including IEC/EN 60601-1 Edition 3.1, ANSI/AAMI ES 60601-1: 2012, CSA C22.2 No. 60601-1: 2014 and the latest IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 ITE standards. The power adapter complies with IEC/EN 60601-1-2 4th edition medical EMC and immunity standards including EN 55011/FCC/CISPR11 class B (conducted and radiated emissions), EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-11.
- 5" x 3" x 1.5" Footprint
- 12V/24V/48V Main Output with 5V/2A Standby Power
- 2 X MOPP
- On/off Remote Control
- Medical & ITE Dual Approvals
- Input Voltage Range: 90-264 VAC
- Input Frequency: 47-63Hz
- Input Current: 2.5A rms max. @ full load
- Inrush Current: 100A @ full load, at 25°C cold start Earth
- Leakage Current 100µA max. @ 264 VAC, 63Hz
- No Load Input Power: 0.21W max.
- Output Power Ratings: See Table
- Output Voltage Ratings: See Table
- Load Regulation: ±5% typical
- Ripple and Noise*: 1% Vp-p max. for main output
- Over-Voltage Protection: Shut down
- Over-Current Protection: Shut down, Auto-recovery
- Short Circuit Protection: Shut down, Auto-recovery
- Temperature Coefficient: ±0.04%/°C max.
- Transient Response: 0.5ms for 50% load change, typ.
- Standby Power: 5V/2A
- Fan Power: 12V/1A or 24V/1A max.
* Peak to peak with 20MHz bandwidth and a 47μF low ESR electrolytic capacitor in parallel with a 0.1μF multilayer capacitor at nominal line voltage and full load.
- Efficiency: 88% typ. @ full load
- Hold Up Time: 10ms min. @ full load
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +40°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +80°C
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Withstand Voltage:
- 4,000 VAC, input-output (2 MOPP)
- 1,500 VAC, input-ground
- 1,500 VAC, output-ground
- 300K hours minimum at full load,
- 25°C ambient, calculated per Telcodia SR-332