Automotive, 3.1W, Mono, Analog Input Class-AB Audio AmplifierApril 24, 2020 by Paul Shepard
The TPA6211T-Q1 from Texas Instruments is a 3.1W mono fully-differential amplifier designed to drive a speaker with at least 3Ω impedance while consuming only 20mm2 total printed-circuit board (PCB) area in most applications.
The device operates from 2.5V to 5.5 V, drawing only 4mA of quiescent supply current. The TPA6211T-Q1 is available in the space-saving 8-pin HVSSOP package.
The device includes features such as an 80 dB supply voltage rejection ratio from 20Hz to 2kHz, improved RF rectification immunity, small PCB area, and a fast start-up with minimal pop makes the TPA6211T-Q1 device suited for emergency call applications.
Additionally, the device supports low-power needs in infotainment and cluster applications, such as cluster chimes or driver notification.
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for automotive applications
- Device Temperature Grade 2: –40°C to 105°C
- Device HBM ESD classification level 3A
- Device CDM ESD classification level C6
- 1W into 3Ω from a 5-V supply at THD = 10% (typical)
- Low supply current: 4mA (typical) at 5V
- Shutdown current: 0.01µA (typical)
- Fast startup with minimal pop
- Only three external components
- Improved PSRR (80 dB) and wide supply voltage (2.5 V to 5.5 V) for direct battery operation
- Fully differential design reduces RF rectification
- 63 dB CMRR Eliminates two input coupling capacitors