Amantys Announces its New Tj Estimation Evaluation System
The Tj Estimation Evaluation System is a new measurement system developed at Amantys which can estimate accurately both IGBT and diode junction temperatures to within ±5 °C in an operational converter.
The Tj Estimation Evaluation System is an exciting new measurement system developed at Amantys Power Electronics, which can estimate accurately both IGBT and diode junction temperatures to within ±5 °C in an operational converter. It has advanced measurement, data logging, and processing capability, designed for evaluating Amantys Tj Estimation technology and acting as a general-purpose data acquisition system for inverter stack testing.
- Single power supply input (15 V)
- Internal isolation for measurement circuits
- Measurements of upper and lower switches logged at 1 ms rate to USB memory stick
- Measurement variables recorded:
- VCE(off), IGBT VCE(on), diode VF for upper and lower switches
- Phase current, using external current sensor
- Switching pattern information (pulse timings)
- Module NTC temperature (if present)
- Baseplate temperature (up to 2 external lug mounted sensors)
- On board algorithms calculate Tj of all 4 devices (upper and lower IGBTs and diodes)
- Continuous calibration of devices
- Configurable from USB memory stick
The Tj Estimation Evaluation System is supported by the Power Insight Configurator that can display the following information:
- I-V Curves for the IGBT and the diode
- Oscilloscope display of the measured parameters
- Long term display of the measured parameters
Established in 2010 as a privately-funded power electronics company, the Amantys vision is to transform the design, implementation and control of power electronic converters and systems.
Our products deliver a scalable, cost effective solution to meet the challenges of designing reliable and efficient power conversion in medium and high voltage applications.
Headquartered in Cambridge UK, Amantys has a team of engineers experienced in all aspects of digital control and power electronics.