AECQ-100 Dual Output, Synchronous Buck Regulator
Maxim Integrated introduced the MAX20012B, a dual-output, high-efficiency synchronous step-down controller IC. It operates with a 3.0V to 5.5V input voltage and provides a 0.5V to 1.5875V output voltage. The comapany also launched an evaluation kit for MAX20012B.
The design of the AECQ-100 qualified, synchronous step-down controller enables up to 12A of load current per phase. Channel one offers an option of operating with two phases to deliver higher load current, making this device suitable for automotive point-of-load (PoL) and post-regulation applications.
The IC achieves ±2% output error over line, load, and temperature ranges. It features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency pwm mode for improved noise immunity and load-transient response, and it has a pulse-frequency modulation mode (skip) for enhanced efficiency during light-load operation.
Operation at 2.2MHz frequency allows the use of all-ceramic capacitors and minimizes the need for external components. Programmable spread-spectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions.
MAX20012B is available with factory-preset output voltages. The I2C interface supports dynamic voltage adjustment with programmable slew rates for each channel. Other features include programmable soft-start as well as over-current, and over-temperature protections.
The company also introduced the MAX20012 evaluation kit (EV kit), MAX20012EVKIT, that demonstrates the MAX20012B automotive 2-channel step-down converters using MAX20012B buck regulator. The EV kit operates over a 3V to 5.5V input range. Output 1 is set for 0.98V and up to 24A load and output 2 is set for 0.95V and up to 12A load.
- 2-Channel High-Efficiency DC-DC Controller in a Small Solution Size
- 3.0V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage
- OUT1 Supports 24A (with Two Phases)
- OUT2 Supports 12A
- High-Precision Regulator for Applications Processors ±2% Output-Voltage Accuracy
- Differential Remote Voltage Sensing
- I2C-Controlled Output Voltage: 0.5V to 1.27V in 10mV Steps 0.625V to 1.5875V in 12.5mV Steps
- Excellent Load-Transient Performance
- Low-Noise Features Reduce EMI
- 2.2MHz Operation
- Spread-Spectrum Option
- Frequency-Synchronization Input/Output
- Current-Mode, Forced-PWM, and Skip Operation
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Individual Enable Inputs and PGOOD Outputs
- Low RDS(on) External FETs
- Over-temperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) TQFN with Exposed Pad
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- AECQ-100 Qualified