80V N-Channel Power MOSFETs with 40% Lower On-ResistanceMarch 30, 2020 by Paul Shepard
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation has added 80V N-channel power MOSFETs to its U-MOS X-H series. Drain-source On-resistance in the new 80V U-MOS X-H products, manufactured with the latest generation process, is approximately 40% lower than that of 80V products in the current generation process U-MOS VIII-H series products.
The trade-off between the drain-source On-resistance and the gate charge characteristics has also been improved by optimizing device structure. As a result, the new products feature industry’s lowest power dissipation. Applications for the new devices include switching power supplies (high efficiency ac-dc converters, dc-dc converters, etc.) and motor control equipment (motor drives, etc.).
- The industry’s lowest power dissipation (by improving the trade-off between On-resistance and gate charge characteristic)
- Industry’s lowest level On-resistance:
- RDS(ON)=2.43mΩ (max) @VGS=10V (TPH2R40QM)
- RDS(ON)=19mΩ (max) @VGS=10V (TPN19008QM)
- High channel temperature rating : Tch=175°C
The expanded line-up includes the TPH2R408QM, housed in SOP Advance, a surface-mount type packaging, and the TPN19008QM, housed in a TSON Advance package. Shipments start immediately.