300W DC Motor Control Shield for Arduino
The BLDC-SHIELD_IFX007T (BL)DC motor control shield from Infineon Technologies is a high current motor control board compatible with Arduino and Infineon's XMC4700 Boot Kit. It is equipped with three smart IFX007T half-bridges. The BLDC motor control shield is capable to drive one BLDC motor. Alternatively, it can be used to drive one or two bi-directional dc motors (H-Bridge configuration, cascaded to support second motor) or up to three uni-directional dc motors (half-bridge configuration).
The integrated IFX007T NovalithIC™ half-bridges can be controlled by a pwm via the IN Pin. Interfacing to a microcontroller is made easy by the integrated driver IC which features logic level inputs, diagnosis with current sense, slew rate adjustment, and dead time generation. The three IFX007T half-bridges are also fully protected against over-temperature, under-voltage, overcurrent and short circuit events.
- Brushed and brushless dc motor control up to 300W continuous load
- 8- to 40-V nominal input voltage (optimized for 24V)
- Average motor current 30A restricted due to PCB (IFX007T current limitation is 55A min.)
The motor control shield adds powerful motor control to the Arduino projects. The shield can be controlled with the general logic IO-Ports of a microcontroller. Either an Arduino Uno or the XMC4700 Relax Kit from Infineon can be used as the master.
On board of the motor control shield are three IFX007T NovalithIC™. Each features one P-channel high side MOSFET and one N-channel low side MOSFET with an integrated driver IC in one package. Due to the P-channel high side switch a charge pump is not needed.
The IFX007T half-bridge is easy to control by applying logic level signals to the IN and INH pin. When applying a pwm to the IN pin the current provided to the motor can be controlled with the duty cycle of the pwm. With an external resistor connected between the SR pin and GND the slew rate of the power switches can be adjusted.
The motor control shield can be easily connected to any Arduino board or the XMC4700 Relax Kit via headers.
Summary of Features
- Compatible with Arduino Uno R3
- Capable of high frequency pwm e.g. 30kHz
- Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI by changing external resistor
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Diagnosis with current sense
- Protection e.g. against over-temperature and overcurrent
- Fast and inexpensive prototyping of (BL)DC motor control
- Easy testing of half- and full-bridge motor control
- Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
- Over-temperature shut down with latch behavior and under-voltage shut down