Difference between IC's

A

Areg

Hello,

I want to build a psu like this one..

Images

Since I need to design this circuit for mass production, I need to know the difference between the following two IC's to minimize cost:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Power-Integrations/TNY267PN/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMupfmEBr0XgrOI/ieMCUyJmf%2bY1vntngII=

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Power-Integrations/TNY286DG-TL/?qs=bNCIwMf0W2YYOPXqkc1SnA==

As I've seen in the datasheet both are offered in SMD package. For the cost.... the tny286 is cheaper on large scales, it seems.

Also, can someone explain to me the chart on the datasheet? Does it mean the amount of power that the supplier is guaranteeing the chip to provide under the specified conditions of temperature?

The top one is a Dip 8 package for 12W @5.8V output.

The second is a Smd package for 15W @5.0V output.

The "Open Frame Package" is for a large pcb like in an atx, it will have more ventilation, whereas "Adapter"is enclosed and will be at higher temperature and so gives less power, Test conditions are @50C.

It would better to use a bridge instead of a half wave rectifier to start with.
Yes, that is something that I was considering so I can reduce the capacity of the filtering capacitor and lower the cost.

Explain to me please the difference between capacitor and battery, please... https://differencebtwn.com/difference-between-capacitor-vs-battery
There are many difference in Battery and Capacitors like -

• In Capacitor Potential energy is stored in the form of an electric field, whereas in Battery the potential energy is stored in a chemical form.
  • Capacitor draws energy from the circuit, stores and then releases the energy. The Battery provides energy to the circuit.
  • Capacitor is the passive component of the circuit, whereas Battery is the active component.
  • Capacitor generally used for AC applications. It blocks the DC component of the circuit. Battery is used as the DC components.
  • The capacitor voltage gets rapidly decreased. The Battery provides a relatively constant voltage when discharging.
  • Charging and discharging is fast as compared to batteries. It is about 1-10 seconds, whereas Charging time of the battery varies 10-60 minutes.
  • The Life cycle of a Capacitor is about 1 million or 30000 hours, whereas Battery life cycle is 500 hours or more
  • The Cell voltage of a Capacitor is 2.3 to 2.75 Volts whereas that of battery is 3.6 to 3.7 Volts
  • The specific power of a Capacitor is up to 10000 (W/kg) whereas for the battery it is 1000 to 3000
  • Cost of the battery is less as compared to the capacitor.
  • The Service life of a Capacitor is about 10- 15 years, whereas for Battery it is 5 to 10 years.
  • The Charging temperature of a Capacitor is -40 to 65 degrees Celsius, whereas for Battery it is 0 to 45 degrees Celsius.
  • Potential difference increases exponentially with time in Capacitor. Potential difference generated by a battery is constant.