Universal AC Dimmable LED Driver-Controller Supports 0 to 10V Dimming to 1%
The AL1666 from Diodes, Inc. is a universal high-current precision, single stage flyback and buck-boost controller. It uses primary side regulation control method which can provide accurate constant current regulation without opto-coupler and secondary control circuitry.
Applications for the AL1666 are expected to include LED drivers up to 100W, dimmable LED lighting luminaires, commercial LED lighting fixtures, industrial LED lighting, and mid-power LED drivers.
The AL1666 operates at boundary conduction mode and provides good EMI, efficiency, and high PF with low THD over wide input voltage range. It supports 0V to 10V analog dimming applications and pwm to dc dimming mode with the dimming range 1% to 100%.
The AL1666 features a tight current sense reference voltage accuracy of 0.4V ±1.5% and integrates rich protection functionality that makes the LED driver more reliable.
It is available in SO8 package.
Summary of Features and Benefits
- Universal wide input voltage Covers 85Vac to 305Vac.
- Supports Analog and pwm to dc dimming 0V to 10V analog dimming applications, works with all ANSI dimmers. Analog and pwm to dc dimming range is 1% to 100%.
- Cost effective and fewer system level components Adopts primary side regulation without opto-coupler.
- High power factor (>0.9) and low total harmonic distortion (<20%) Meets modern system requirements.
- Tight LED current variation range across 85Vac to 305Vac LED current line regulation: < ±2% typical. LED current load regulation: < ±2% typical full load to half load.
- High output current accuracy Factory tested and trimmed to achieve 1.5% current feedback voltage accuracy for each unit.