Teledyne LeCroy Launches 3-Phase Power Analysis Software to Enable More Thorough Power-Conversion System Evaluations
Teledyne LeCroy today launched its 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, which brings 1-phase and 3-phase static and dynamic power analysis to its HDO8000A, HDO6000A and WavePro HD 12-bit High Definition oscilloscopes.
Teledyne LeCroy today launched its 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, which brings 1-phase and 3-phase static and dynamic power analysis to its HDO8000A, HDO6000A and WavePro HD 12-bit High Definition oscilloscopes. With the 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, research and development engineers can now use Teledyne LeCroy’s 12-bit-resolution oscilloscopes to better understand complex power conversion system and control behaviors and hasten power conversion system-design refinements.
The rapidly growing power-conversion market now extends into applications requiring complex dynamic power analysis during time periods as short as a single device-switching cycle. Conventional power-analyzer instruments cannot perform dynamic power analysis and are limited to long power-period (e.g. 5 Hz to 500 Hz) analysis. Teledyne LeCroy’s 3-Phase Power Analysis software package now enables more thorough power-conversation system evaluations and provides deep insight into complex dynamic system behaviors in applications including DC-DC power supplies, hybrid/electric vehicles, solar PV and grid-tied inverters, welding equipment, uninterruptible power supplies and HVAC systems.
- Numeric measurement table to display mean value “static” power behaviors
- Per-cycle Waveforms of “dynamic” power enables the correlation of complex power conversion system behaviors to other control or power system waveforms to debug drive system problems
- Zoom+Gate mode for time-correlated, instantaneous understanding of dynamic power behaviors, and complete correlation to control system and other behaviors
- Harmonic order calculations with tabular and spectral displays and THD measurements (available in optional Harmonics software package)
- Support for two-wattmeter method to make accurate 3-phase power measurements using just two voltage and two current signals.
About Teledyne LeCroy
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers and related test and measurement solutions that enable companies across a wide range of industries to design and test electronic devices of all types. Since our founding in 1964, we have focused on creating products that improve productivity by helping engineers resolve design issues faster and more effectively.
Headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, New York, LeCroy has sales, service and development subsidiaries in the US and throughout Europe and Asia. LeCroy products are employed across a wide variety of industries, including semiconductor, computer, consumer electronics, military/aerospace, automotive/industrial, and telecommunications.